Administrative Services Manager Position
Position: Exempt full-time position reporting to the Executive Director
Salary Range: Beginning: $45,000 – 50,000
The Administrative Services Manager provides accounting services including financial management and reporting; coordinates payroll, human resources, and benefits; manages office operations; and provides support services for SWFLN staff, Board of Directors, and members. Anticipates staff and member needs, proactively communicates and addresses challenges to ensure excellent service.
Provide bookkeeping/accounting services
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reports of financial status
- Manage grant budgets, expenditures, and reports
- Monitor and manage financial accounts
- Manage the audit process and tax form preparation
- Monitor budget activity; ensure proper documentation and authorizations are received
- Reconcile accounts, research discrepancies, initiate corrections
- Research and respond to questions regarding budget issues
Coordinate human resources
- Serve as primary contact with Paychex (SWFLN’s payroll, HR, and benefits provider)
- Serve as primary contact for 401k program
- Maintain SWFLN employee records
Manage office operations
- Maintain SWFLN membership and registration database
- Manage SWFLN facilities, supplies, inventory, and vendor relationships
- Serve as point of contact for courier service, managed IT, and facility
Provide support services for the SWFLN Board of Directors and SWFLN member organizations
- Manage member services, e.g. Committee appointments, Email list updates, key contacts, website updates, general communications
- Coordinate Board of Directors and Membership meetings and documents
- Prepare statistical and annual ROI reports
- Draft or review correspondence or other documents
Support SWFLN member services, programs, and events as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of office work, including relevant experience in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, finance, or budgeting; knowledge of full accounting cycle.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software is required; QuickBooks is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in office productivity computer skills, including intermediate level proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, or certifications
- Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or a field relevant to position responsibilities
- Previous experience working in a membership, non-profit, or similar organization
- Demonstrated experience in accurately maintaining and updating online content
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
- Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Ability to drive to various locations within and beyond the SWFLN region as needed.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Hybrid work environment
- Health Insurance and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with limited employer match
- Paid vacation time and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day (paid time off)
Submit the following in pdf format to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Current resume including full work history
- Contact information for three references including current and/or most recent direct supervisor
- Responses to each of the supplemental questions below
Required Supplemental Questions
- Please describe how your combination of education, skills, and experiences qualifies you to succeed and thrive in this position.
- Do you possess a minimum of two years of experience working in bookkeeping/accounting services? If so, please elaborate on that experience.
- Please describe your history of providing direct customer service.
- Do you possess a valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and reliable transportation?
- This position requires 40 hours per week, including special events or projects that may (rarely) occur on evenings and/or weekends. Are you able to work this schedule?
- If offered this position, on what date could you begin working in Fort Myers, Florida?
Position is open until filled.
Southwest Florida Library Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.