Sensory Storytimes Kit
The Sensory Storytime Kit is designed to help you engage better with children who have special needs and disabilities, as well as developing more hands-on storytime programming. Each of our kits contain a number of items for you and your audience to play with, along with a guide to help inspire and assist in converting existing storytimes into a sensory experience.
Each of our Rollie and Stretch kits includes a rainbow silk scape, a chameleon plushie, hand-held jingle bells, and fidgets that can calm down children with special needs, while our Precious Planets kit can help with more STEM-oriented storytimes for your aspiring engineers. Let your imaginations run wild!
The Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN) desires to offer Institutional Members access to new and emerging technologies, providing accessibility to the latest technologies to all of our members. This policy establishes how, and under what circumstances, these items may be shared through the SWFLN Bits 'N Bytes to Borrow Circulating Library:
- Only Institutional Members are eligible to borrow from the SWFLN Bits 'N Bytes to Borrow Circulating Library.
- The items in SWFLN's Bits 'N Bytes to Borrow Circulating Library are to be used for instructional and informational purposes only.
- SWFLN is not responsible for holding the items to be borrowed available beyond the agreed upon pick-up date and time. If the pick-up date and time are missed, the borrower's reservation will be cancelled. This can cause the reserved items listed below to become unavailable if there is a waiting list or a new request for the items.
- The items are to be treated with care and respect.
- If an item malfunctions, the item must be returned for repair. Do not try to fix the issue. Issues are to be reported immediately to the SWFLN office, (239) 313-6338.
- The borrowing Institution accepts responsibility for any and all items borrowed, and will be responsible for replacing any and all items that may become damaged through misuse, lost, or stolen.
- When borrowing items from SWFLN, the Institutional Member will sign a Borrowing Agreement. A copy of the Borrowing Agreement will be kept with the borrowed items until it is returned to the SWFLN office.
- When picking up or returning items to SWFLN, allow for 15 to 30 minutes beyond your scheduled time for a brief inventory of the borrowed items, and for the required paperwork to be completed.