The moment you’ve been anxiously awaiting has arrived! YOUR Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator position at SWFLN is now open and accepting applications! This email contains the job description.
Apply via email with a Resume and Cover Letter addressing how you match the job description. Application materials should be sent to email@example.com as WORD or PDF attachments. This position will be “open until filled” and we will begin initial reviews of application materials the week of April 22, 2019.
If you know of anyone interested in applying for this wonderful opportunity, please do not waste time and spread the word!
Southwest Florida Library Network: Continuing Education Coordinator Position Description
The Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator of the Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN) successfully works with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, other SWFLN Staff, the CE Committee, the SWFLN membership, and training presenters to develop, plan, market, manage, and implement the training services of SWFLN. The CE Coordinator works with the membership and their libraries to research, evaluate, develop, communicate, and engage library staff and volunteers in all types of workplace learning and organizational performance improvement. The CE Coordinator develops training and Continuing Education modules and materials, and conducts training sessions as needed; and manages the SWFLN Bits ‘N Bytes to Borrow program. The SWFLN CE Coordinator must be highly motivated and able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong planning and organizational skills, and be an effective communicator.
SWFLN is an independent entity incorporated as a 501 c (3) not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida, primarily serving the counties of Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hendry, Lee, and Monroe. The Board of Directors sets overall direction and establishes policies for SWFLN. The Executive Director is responsible for managing the operations of the organization, and the CE Coordinator is responsible for managing the Continuing Education program. The CE Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develops continuing education and professional development opportunities for the SWFLN membership.
- Develops and coordinates workshops of various topics identified by the membership.
- Prepares regular Training Event Templates, Monthly CE Newsletters, and needed announcements to communicate all SWFLN activities to members and library staff throughout Florida to increase the visibility of SWFLN in the library community in a variety of formats including (but not limited to) the SWFLN Facebook page, SWFLN website, and the SWFLN Twitter account.
- Supervises registration and local arrangements for Continuing Education events.
- Manages the evaluation of workshops through surveys, follow-up emails, and any other means needed.
- Markets and manages the SWFLN Bits ‘N Bytes to Borrow Program, ensuring up-to-date applicability for all library types.
- Develops budget recommendations for Face-to-Face Workshops, Webinars, and Bits ‘N Bytes to Borrow components.
- Visits member libraries to promote understanding and involvement in the cooperative.
- Serves as a liaison between the SWFLN office and the Continuing Education Committee.
- Engages with members through personal, print, and electronic methods.
- Develops relationships with trainers to provide learning opportunities for members.
- Attends meetings of the CE Committee, Board, General Membership, and others as necessary.
- Participates in and represents SWFLN at regional, state, and national professional organizations and meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of State and Federal grant applications as requested, and in grant project implementation.
- Assists in the preparation of midyear and final grant reports, as requested.
- Consults with the Bureau of Library Development of Florida Continuing Education staff and with other Multitype Library Cooperative CE Coordinators in the State to coordinate and cooperate in statewide continuing education plans and issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ appropriate library experience. Ability to develop and coordinate training events and programs. Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook). Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Master’s Degree in Library Science or work toward a Master in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution. Familiarity with SWFLN region and libraries; proficiency with computer hardware and software; and demonstrated skills with teams. Excellent presentation skills. Experience with Project Management.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Ability to operate independently, take initiative (self-starter), be organized, and follow-through with assignments.
- Ability to independently follow up with training presenters to obtain materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with the public in a tactful and courteous manner and work with a broad spectrum of people.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills to facilitate regular, ongoing communication with Supervisor and other staff.
- Ability to represent SWFLN at State and Professional meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS (Continued)
- Ability to develop and coordinate training events and programs.
- Excellent Project Management and scheduling skills.
- Knowledge of and skilled in online information, internet resources, and cutting-edge technology applicable to libraries.
- Knowledge of current library practices and ability to track and assimilate library trends and new technology.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Repetitive wrist motion.
- Travel throughout the County, State, and USA.
- Requires bending.
- May require extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Lift and carry approximately 40 pounds.
- Ability to push and/or pull a cart containing supplies weighing 50 pounds.
- Notifies Supervisor of potential workplace hazards for protecting themselves and others by following the safe work procedures identified by the Supervisor.
- Police Background Check and Fingerprinting.
- State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Hiring range of $35,000 – $45,000 (dependent upon experience and qualifications).
- Attractive benefits package.